Sunday, February 6, 2011

This I Promise You

A Dream Wedding they say? Let me share with you my dream wedding!!
This is me and my husband Evan Lock! We got married in the Salt Lake Temple on September 18, 2009. (Yes we stole the thunder from Shalana's bday and my mama's bday!) It was the best day of my life. It's amazing to know that we are always going to have each other for time and all eternity. Even though marriage is hard, I LOVE my marriage and I'm so grateful that he chose me to be his wife! I don't think anyone else could handle me the way he does :)
We were lucky enough to be surrounded by family and friends! These people are amazing and I'm so grateful to be able to add more loved ones into my life.
These 5 people truly are my salvation and heroes. I have learned so much from them over the years and I'm so grateful for them! My mom is an amazing person and is so kind and loving. She always does things that my sisters and I needed without complaint. We have put her through some hard times and she has dealt with it in style. I hope to become half the mother and wife that she is. My dad is so incredible! He is so selfless and hard working. He taught me the value of hard work, the joy of earning your own money and the gift of charity. He would literally give you the shirt of his back or the Nike shoes (always red&black)  if you needed them. My sisters are two of the most loyal and best companions a sister could ever have. Kayla has shown me what hard dedication and practice and get you and Shalana has always been the "runner." She's always doing errands for us or being there for us in anyway she can. I hope they realize the special spirits they have and understand how important they are in this life. I LOVE THEM! And Evan, what more can I say about him that I haven't already? He is my best friend, my companion and my hero!
These lovely people have accepted me into their family! I truly respect and love these people. They are so hard working and caring and though I haven't been in their lives long I feel as if I've been a part of them for many years! I can't wait to build memories and have funny stories to share with each other throughout the years.
Lol these boys... what can we say? I'm very happy that Evan has some good people in his life he can truly call his friends! And what's even better is that 2 of them are his own family. Bengt and Matt are amazing guys and I don't know what he'd do without these two in his life.
My goodness what would I do without these girls?! Not all of my support group was able to be here this early in the AM but nonetheless I have the BEST friends in the world. They have always been there for me, even still when I'm so far away. I don't think I could have made it through some of my most difficult times without their love and friendship. They have taught me how to be a better person and have helped me grow in so many ways. Thank you ladies :)

This is how I felt after the sealing and picture time. Haha... and it was only the beginning of a very long day. Like they say... pain is beauty! And how beautiful those shoes are!

NOW ON FOR THE FUN STUFF :)

This is how my reception looked. Tables had Blue and Black tablecloths with BEAUTIFUL flower arrangements and diamonds scattered around the table.

This is my awesome cake!! My theme was Tiffany's! I LOVE Tiffany's (if you hadn't figured it out yet.) My cake was perfect! The colors and the accents were absolutely perfect. My mom spent FOREVER trying to find the little diamonds on the table and the big one on top and she spent a long time looking for a swatch for my Tiffany's color. The lady that did my cake was fantastic. I was SO happy with it! And the fact that the portion we cut into was German chocolate was AWESOME!
This is my food!! Though you can't see it all we did have more than just sweets :) But who was really paying attention to the meatballs, wings, and crackers and cheese? I am OBSESSED with chocolate fountains!! AAHH!! Too bad I didn't get to try any :( Good thing my mom throws so many parties.
These were the goodie boxes. We had Tiffany blue, white and black M&M's, Tiffany blue and white jelly beans and white candy covered almonds. We had plenty of extras of those for me to eat after the honeymoon.
This was my bouquet. My friend did an amazing job putting this together! The flowers for everyone that she had done were incredible. So classy and just exactly how I had pictured in my head. She's phenomenal.
These are our rings! Apparently when Evan was picking out my ring he almost had a heart attack. They made him sit down and drink water. Was it really that hard of a decision? Thank heavens for Kyli! His ring... a lot easier. I asked the guy for something SUPER indestructible and scratch proof. :)
These are my fabulous (but extremely painful) shoes!!
And of course Kayla being Kayla had to get comfortable shoes that I almost tried to steal from her!
My mom found super cute ones though! Hers weren't that comfortable either.
Lol and Shalana and Kyli were the only ones that actually wore the shoes I had picked out!
So my great husband promised he wouldn't shove cake in my face (see the crossies?)... good thing he just likes to joke. He was very good with the cake :)
Gotta love the garter toss!
Oh and you can't forget the dancing. He's going to be the next Michael Jackson/Usher! Don't ya think? ;)
And who can forget the Daddy-Daughter dance? I've never seen my dad cry except for one time at my Great-Grandpa's funeral. So of course I start crying! I love my daddy.

The best part about A Dream Wedding?! A DREAM HONEYMOON!!! My parents were fabulous and paid for everything! We were able to use our timeshare down in Cabo, Mexico. I LOVE Strawberry Daiquiris (virgin of course). Evan liked them in the pineapple heads.
This is how I know I love this man... I HIKED for him... for 5 hours! Thank heavens it was a zip-line to the bottom.
And he loves me because he paid money just so I could have a picture with a baby lion!! AAHH!! How cute is he?! I want one.
And because my parents are super amazing... we got to swim with the dolphins. It has always been a dream of my mom's and we finally got to do it a couple of years ago on our cruise. But Evan's never had the chance so we got to go!
This is a typical photograph of my husband. He makes me laugh every day and never forgets to tell me how much he loves me. I got my dream wedding :)

No comments:

Post a Comment