Wednesday, February 2, 2011

If you think there are no new frontiers, watch a boy ring the front doorbell on his first date.

Perfect first date huh? I could go on and on and on about all the small little things that would make a first date amazing! All the expensive places I would want to go, all the different places I would have him take me, all the money I would have him spend on me. But if all that stuff happened... it wouldn't be PERFECT, it would be HOLLYWOOD. So I've decided to go in a different direction and tell you about my first date with Evan! Lol it's not very romantic or exciting or even expensive but it was OUR first date. Here's a little background...When I started talking to Mr. Husband (again after leaving for the Army) he was already stationed in Florida. I stupidly had lost contact with Evan a couple months before he left, but I think it was all for the best. We didn't like each other too much when I was dating my ex, big surprise, and we had a tendency to fight a lot. So when he had commented on one of my friends pictures on facebook I decided I was going to email him and apologize for being a typical woman and judging him off the comments of a jealous ex boyfriend. And what do you know... his reply to my long, heartfelt, apologetic email was HAKUNA MATATA. Really I think? Hakuna Matata? So naturally my reply was well here's my number! So after many days and nights of talking on the phone ALL day long he came home for Thanksgiving. Our first date: I spend hours and hours primping, priming and perfecting my wardrobe, hair and makeup. I take the longest drive to the airport in history and see this HOT soldier in ACU's coming down the escalator. AHH! Talk about butterflies! We hug all nervous like I've never seen him before. And in all actuality I really didn't ever SEE him, or KNOW him. I talked to him, rudely, but I did think he was always really attractive (minus his long hair). So Evan as always packs light and had no bags to wait for so it was off the car! I don't know where he lives (awkward right?) so he has to give me directions and I'm barely listening because I'm so TWITTERPATED (yes it's a word in my vocabulary). I just keep staring at him and he has this incredible smile and those teeth are pearly white and perfect. And well of course naturally his instinct is to kiss me, while I'm driving on the freeway barely paying attention. Don't worry mom it wasn't this gross, sloppy, not watching the freeway kind of kiss... it was on the cheek and it was very sweet. (Sorry Evan if you read this... but it's cute!) So we start holding hands, drive to his house, change out of his ACU's into civiez (street clothes), so we can meet my family for Thanksgiving dinner! I've only seen him get nervous 3 times... once when he was meeting my entire family (who up until October hadn't ever heard of Evan Lock), asking my dad if he could marry me (which he said was easier than actually asking me... story for next time!), and then actually having to marry me! He considers himself tough... but when it comes to me I make him nervous I guess! Apparently he had a very hard time when choosing my ring, I'll have Kyli blog about that one. Anyways... we get to my Aunt's house and he's saying all of his Ma'ams and Sir's and greeting everyone. But the reason I fell in love with him? He actually TALKED to my family. He LOVES my family and that meant the world to me. He talked to my sisters, loved talking to my mom... and dad being dad was watching football with the guys but said a passing "Hi" on the way to the couch. Evan thought my dad was scary; and I laughed. My dad? Scary? And then after our nice, fun dinner my cousin and her boyfriend (also in the military) come over and watch a movie. And of course we beat them to my house and set up the movie. We get all nice and cozy on the love sac and start to cuddle... and now let me remind you one more time I haven't seen him in months and we haven't even really ACTUALLY made it official that we're exclusively dating... You know what this man does?! He pulls a covered wagon. If you don't know what that is let me tell you... it's when you're all nice and romantically snuggling and the man lets out this horrific, lactose-intolerant gas bomb and buries you underneath the covers with this putrid smell clogging up every opening into your face and sensory nerves. Yup... that's our first date! Not perfect... but it in fact has turned out to be like most of our other dates. Makes for good stories though! :)

1 comment:

  1. So your cute story made me tear up Angie, he sounds just perfect for you! I am so happy you are happily married! Yay for married life!!

    ReplyDelete