Saturday, February 26, 2011

Aruba, Jamaica, Bermuda, Bahama, Key Largo, Montego...

"Kokokomo"- Beach Boys


 
Went to Cabo on my honeymoon :)
Did the rope-line in some city in Mexico... Mazatlan I think...
Hawaii almost every year since I was two! :) MISS MY FAMILY!!
And of course... now I live in Washington :)

 
Here's a pic of me now... (in the CUTE dress!) and here's a pic of me from a year ago (please no comments).

I have changed SO much in the last year. Some for the better... some not for the worse, but still in progress. I finally graduated nursing school!! YAY!! And I am now LIVING in the same city, under the same roof, as my husband. I moved away from everything and everyone I know, to be on my own. Which if anyone knows me, knows that I do not handle change, or alone well. I have to be busy and surrounded with my loved ones. It's been really hard to be on my own. But I've learned how to do laundy (still can't iron), how to pay bills, have a full-time job and career, LIVE with another person that isn't directly related by blood, cook when I can, how to be domestic, and how to be responsible. Thank heavens for amazing parents that taught me so well, even if they think I wasn't watching or listening :) I've grown spiritually, though that is still a HUGE work in progress. I'm still not quite comfortable in my own skin and I'm very self conscious. But my amazing husband is helping me with that :) I'm learning how to handle my problems on my own, however I still call my mom all the time and my best friends to still vent. It's always nice to have outside eyes for advice. I'm learning how to be nicer, more patient, and more motivated. I've currently started working on my BSN online-schooling and I'm not a big fan. It's a lot of work coming home from work, or waking up early to do homework... and still have to attend to my normal household duties. I feel like I'm still angry though, and I don't know why. I'm trying to be more patient but God is giving me many chances to work on it, and though I'm not grateful for them now... I'm hoping I will be able to work through it and be more grateful later! I'm trying to work on being that sweet girl my mom always said I used to be. Lol though my road rage has calmed down and Evan's has escalated. I LOVE working as a nurse, but I'm still always scared a little stressed out from it. It's hard! I'd rather be in school sometimes. I'm learning how to deal with my patients and co-workers and administrative staff but my goodness sometimes it's so hard to turn the other cheek without letting your hand want to help turn theirs! I'm a work in progress let's just say! I'm hoping that in another year I'll look back on this year and be proud of the progress I've made! One step at a time :)

"We spend much of our time and energy working for the food and other resources we need to sustain our physical lives. Jesus’ words remind us that sustaining our spiritual lives also requires work. It is a labor that requires planning, practice, and perseverance. And for each individual, it is the labor of a lifetime. Most great works begin with a plan. With personal effort and prayer, each of us can find ways to nurture our spiritual growth that will fit our own circumstances." -Liahona, Oct. 1994


No comments:

Post a Comment