Sunday, January 30, 2011

My Very First Post!

Military relationships are the product of many tears born both in happiness and despair, nights alone wondering where he is, if he's safe. It's looking at pictures, knowing that's the only way I can see his face, calling my voicemail to hear his voice, and not washing his clothes until they've lost his scent.
But it's all worth it in the end, because I know I have one of the purest loves in the world because my Soldier truly knows the meaning of Honor, Courage, and Commitment, not only to the U.S. Army, but to me. And that makes everything worthwhile.

My blog is obviously going to have a LOT of military substance :) I am after all an Army Wife! My sister tonight actually just started her blog, and like her I put off for SO long having a blog. I'm not very good at blogging, and unlike Kayla I am not as creative with my writing skills. However... the husband said this might be a good way to vent my feelings! Not having a lot of friends and family out here makes our situation frustrating at times. But I wouldn't trade my life for anything. I've learned a lot being on my own away from my family. I've had to actually be a grown-up! I hate bills... with all my (not heart and soul because mom gets mad when I use those terms) anything that is allowed to have hatred inside.

I've had to learn that utility bills might be more of a priority than a new Juicy purse or a black&white film from the 50's. But I'm learning :) My husband teaches me a lot! I don't know if anyone could handle me the way he does. He definately isn't a push-over, and though I might not have him wrapped like I do my daddy... he is MINE and it's an amazing feeling. He's tough, stubborn, hard-working, childish and very supportive. He is everything I could have ever hoped and prayed for. Though many people didn't understand our "courtship," if you can call it that because it was so short, it was exactly what God had in mind for us. I hope you enjoy the adventures we have as much as we do!

3 comments:

  1. Aww Angie I understand not having friends or family around. I moved to Kansas and got married. I love my husband and kiddos so much but being away from people you are used to seeing almost every day of your life is really hard. My dad lives 30 miles away so I have him, but I don't have many friends and it gets hard. If I didn't have such love and support from my hubby I don't know how I would do this sometimes. I am so happy for you, you seem so happy and I am glad!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ang! I am so excited to read your blog and see what you guys are up to out there! We love you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love you baby girl! You are an amazing grownup, even though you fought it all the way:)
    love, Mamma

    ReplyDelete